Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

I feel like I've been living in a hole for a while. Speedy tried to engage me in a discussion about the Democratic presidential candidates, and it lasted about 2 minutes before I pleaded ignorance. That's pretty embarrassing - I just graduated from law school and I can't have an informed discussion about presidential candidates? Yeah, me = head under rock.

But things are slowly getting back to normal. I'm catching up on things that have fallen to the wayside in the past few months, including mundane things like cleaning my house. Boring, I know, but I hate feeling like I'm living in squalor.

I'm also getting back into training. This week is fairly easy in terms of intensity, and I am really liking the shift in focus from the Half-Ironman to the sprint race. Not only is it much more in line with my training right now, but it's more in line with my current strengths. I was planning to one-and-done this Half-Ironman, and spend the winter and next season trying to focus on getting faster at the sprint and Olympic distances. I think I am going to continue down that road, and put off the longer distance for a few years. I know, it's practically blasphemy in the tri world to have something other than an Iron-distance race as a goal, but that's where I am right now.

Meanwhile, I am freaking exhausted. The exam wiped me out, yes, but apparently my mom and sisters have also been unusually tired for the past few days, so I'm wondering if I picked up a low-level virus or something. Either way, I am feeling better each day. And I'm going to continue to claw my way out of this hole.

No comments: