Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Wake Me Up When It's Warm.

I've been feeling uninspired lately. I think it's the cold weather. I don't do well in the cold; I just want to hibernate. Speedy thinks my hibernation instinct is the reason I like to carry large handbags, that way in case I run out of food I have enough room in my bag and can just dig in for a Clif Bar or apple or meatball sandwich.

In about a month, Speedy and I are traveling to Texas for my spring break. With the current 10-day forecast listing nothing above 35 degrees, I can't wait to go somewhere warmer for a little while.

My coach has raised my swim volume in the past few days. It went from 1200-yard main sets to a 2200-yard main set. I actually called him to make sure it wasn't a typo, but no, it wasn't. And I used my new alphabet counting method to count the laps, and it worked great once I figured out how to count. So my coach wanted to know how it went, and I told him I thought it went well. I was tired by the end, but overall, for doing the longest main set I've ever done, I felt great and I told him that. To which he responded, "Good. So we'll keep your long swim at 2500-3000 yards for now, until we start to build the volume in a few weeks." I think I'm in trouble . . .

2 comments:

paul said...

"...until we start to build volume..."

Yikes.

Those are gonna be some tough workouts.

IM Able said...

Oof! Almost makes you want to hide volume from your coach!

Well, almost...

Great progress!