Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Holy Graduation Gift, Batman!

In a shocking yet awesome display of generosity, my husband got me a freaking amazing and unexpected graduation present. He let on a few days ago that he had gotten me something, which was a surprise in and of itself because I wasn't expecting anything. He also hinted that the gift would be pretty cool, but didn't tell me what it was and didn't really give me any hints that would give it away. I knew he was getting it yesterday, but had no clue what it was. My guess was that it was the classic law-school graduation present, a briefcase.

So imagine my surprise when I walked in from coaching yesterday and saw this leaning against the wall:



Speedy wasn't home at the time but my sister was with me, and not being a triathlete she didn't understand why my jaw dropped and all I could get out was "Holy.....crap." When she asked what it was, I told her that I thought it was my graduation present.

It wasn't long before Speedy got home, with a huge grin on his face. Not only had he gotten me the bike, but he had made a fit appointment for me for today because he knew I would want to take it out ASAP (of course he was right). So I went for the fit today, and it. is. AWESOME. This bike is a 51, while my trusty steel-frame is a 55, retro-fit with things like a forward seatpost and a short stem to be as small as possible. The smaller frame is really comfortable. I love it. I took it out today and it's like butter.

Oh, and when we went to the bike shop a couple nights ago to ask about wheels, they knew about the gift and totally didn't let on. They rock.

I'm in shock, still. I didn't expect anything, much less a freaking awesome tri bike.

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. Someone pinch me.

2 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Speedy,

Even *I'm* speechless. You are one hellova husband! Bravo for avoiding the banal (briefcase...blech) and getting something insanely wonderful!

BRAVO!

Able

Unknown said...

WOW. Nice bike! He's got great taste! Is he a cyclist? How did he know to pick out such a hot bike?