Monday, May 07, 2007

No More Pencils, No More Books!

Wow, what a great weekend.

Thursday: First open-water swim of the season! Did ~2000 continuous yards at a local lake. The water temperature was cool but not unbearable, although there were some cold spots that took my breath away, even with a wetsuit on. It was GREAT to get away from staring at the black line in the pool. My calves cramped up pretty badly though, which was a bummer, but the rest of the swim was great (more on that in a later post).

Friday: My sister's 21st birthday, celebrated with our siblings, cousins, and friends at a local bar.

Saturday: A Cinco de Mayo party, followed by a brick. While quesadillas, taquitos, and margaritas may not be ideal pre-ride fuel, it worked well enough. The brick was supposed to be in the morning, but was pushed back since we overslept after Friday's festivities.

Sunday: Broad Street Run, with 17,000 of my closest friends. I thought it was a great race, but I was just looking for a fun training run, not a PR. If I had been looking to test myself, I probably would have been unhappy with the craziness.

No comments: