Friday, January 12, 2007

70.3, Here I Come.

I hope I don't get sued for using the 70.3 designation for a non-IMNA event. :)

I'm going to do it. After reading others' blogs, especially those who are training or have trained for full Ironman races, I can get off my ass to do a half. The swim will be okay (although probably not terribly fast), Speedy has agreed to do my long training rides with me, and I was planning to do some late-season half-marathons anyway so my run training should be sufficient as well. Really, though, I'm sort of "Holy Crap!" about the whole thing, and I don't know how all you Ironmen do it.

Classes have started again. I'm loving my schedule for this semester. I am taking two 'real' classes, and am enrolled in a clinic, where we provide representation to community members. Students practice under the licenses of the profs, so we get to do everything related to the cases, including court appearances. I'm pretty psyched about it. I get to start off by going to traffic court with my sister next week (actually, she's not a client of the clinic, she's just a moron who waited 6 months too long to get her car inspected).

And I had a chat with a friend with whom there's been some tension lately, and we seem to have worked things out nicely. All in all, not a bad week.

1 comment:

shelek said...

Congrats on signing up for your first half! I can't wait to hear how your training goes. :)