Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back In The Saddle

Thanks to some quality time with my training plan and some less-than-subtle motivation from Speedy, I am finally feeling more motivated to train. I've gotten in some good workouts in the past week, and the laziness that went along with the holidays seems to have subsided. It's about time, too - school starts again on Monday (my last semester as a law student!) and I start working soon (my third, and likely last, year as an assistant coach for a local crew team) too. So it's about time I get my ass in gear.

I think the training plan is going to make me faster. It's certainly nice to not have to worry about what I'm doing on a given day, because it's already set out for me. That takes away a lot of the stress for me, because I don't have to worry about getting in enough swims/bikes/runs/lifts any given week, as someone has already done that. And it includes the speedwork that I am less inclined to do when I am doing my own schedules. And bricks. Starting today. Yikes! If I were doing my own schedule, bricks wouldn't even be on my radar screen for another month or two, at least. I think this plan will prove to be a good thing.

I will start posting more soon. When I'm in school, I sit in front of my computer practically all day. When I'm on break, I generally try not to spend tons of time using the computer. But school starts again soon, so I'll be posting more frequently. I know, I know - please, try to contain your excitement. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay bricks!

and glad to hear you'll be posting more often, too :-)