Saturday, March 24, 2007

Happy Things

This weekend has been a great reminder of the happy things in my life. My good friend got married last night, and she looked gorgeous and glowing, and her husband looked happier than I've ever seen him. She's been nervous about the wedding for a while, because she wanted everything to go *just so,* and it was perfect. They were surrounded by friends and family, all of whom wanted nothing more right then than to see them happy and healthy for a long long time. And that was awesome.

And then today was a baby shower for my cousin, who is having her first child in April. Much of my family was there, and my cousin looked happy and much more comfortable than the last time I saw her, when her pregnancy was really taking a toll on her. Today, she looked (more) rested and seemed to be in a really great mood. And her son made out like a bandit, too.

Tomorrow is a long-delayed birthday celebration for Speedy with his family.

Add in some training, and it's shaping up to be a crazy but great weekend, full of reminders of those things in life that really bring joy to those around you. Not often do they all come together like this, and I plan to enjoy it as much as I can.

No comments: