Monday, April 02, 2007

General Malaise

I have three weeks and counting left of law school. I can't freaking wait to be done. Can't. Freaking. Wait.

Last week was the most training I think I've ever done, leading into this week as a recovery week. According to TrainingPeaks, which knows all (as long as I remember to tell it), I trained ~10 hours this past week. That's a freaking lot, and my Half-Ironman isn't even until September! As you can probably imagine, my legs are shot. My coach timed this recovery week very well; I didn't need it last week but he upped my volume just enough that I couldn't have done another week at that level.

It's funny how perspective changes, though - when I told Speedy that today's swim workout was only 4x400 and should go by pretty quickly, he thought that was pretty funny because only a few months ago 4x400 was a good long swim for me.

Meanwhile, I am eating everything in sight and my appetite is showing no signs of abating anytime soon. My coach reminded me that I "shouldn't neglect getting enough nutrition this week, even though it's a recovery week." Uh, yeah.....that's not likely to be an issue.

No comments: