Friday, October 20, 2006

Woah-oh, We're Halfway There...

Rest day today; I'll do abs and perhaps some light upper-body weights.

I went to get a haircut today. I had my hair very long for a while, and cut it off about 2 years ago. Now I'm trying to grow it out again, and of course that means enduring those lovely awkward lengths where nothing quite looks right. And with curly hair, I'm lucky if I can avoid it looking like a bird's nest half the time :)

Acupuncture was interesting. I am not really sure what to expect now, in terms of healing. I will go back, but can I expect to see results soon? Or do I have to go for a few sessions before I see any results? And at that point, how do I know it's the acupuncture and not just the healing that would have othewise taken place in the three weeks that has passed? I mean, I'm all for trying something new, but I'm not all for paying a couple hundred bucks for something that's not going to help.

And yes, in response to the comment (from my only reader), you're right, I didn't put goal times for my races. That's because I think I need to evaluate where I am fitness-wise after I'm healed up. Once that happens, I will be able to set aggressive-yet-realistic times. If I try to set times before then, I think I risk setting my sights too high (and being disappointed) or too low (and not pushing myself hard enough). Thoughts?

As for the thread title, I am feeling cautiously optimistic that the healing is going well, and I think I will start looking into some PT to address the lost strength and flexibility. I am on the road to recovery!!

No comments: